It seemed like a miracle to me, but I actually got two consecutive days of work in at the studio. Yesterday I spent a few hours coloring in with the pastels and adding a little greenery here and there to the pen and ink. As I worked, I saw the rain outside my windows turn slowly to the first snow of the season and my heart gave a little lurch. It wasn’t supposed to snow until later in the evening. Was this a preview of things to come? I hoped not. I vote for a mild winter for a change. Fortunately, even though we got a little more snow in the evening, the ground was still warm enough that it didn’t stick on the roadways and the total amount was relatively small. Chalk up the first snow.
Anyway, I ended up adding a little shrubbery to the lower right. After inking in the chimney, the expanse of brick seemed way too big so I put in some more greenery. I’m not sure that it is enough but we’ll see. I’m not quite happy with it yet. I need to finish the shadowing too. For instance, I forgot the shadow of the gable on the slate so the roof looks a little odd up there. Easy enough to fix. I may add some brighter flowers at the bottom for more visual interest. I also need to re-delineate some of the ink lines to sharpen them up a little and use some colored pencil. It’s not that far from finished but it seems the last details sometimes make or break a drawing.
I only gave it a light spray to pop the colors because of the rain. I have to spray outside because of the fumes. I hugged close to the house to give it a quick dose but I was leery of the eave drips falling on it and ruining my effort.