This drawing has quite a bit more color added to it than the previous one. I started with painting the red timber trim and flower boxes and then moved on to the walls. I left the upper area white but darkened the lower areas. The brown building on the left also provided a nice contrast. I grounded the building by darkening up the street. Unlike the road in the last one with the brick patterns, this one has nothing to distinguish it. I may decide to darken it up a little bit more.
I decided to get bold with the sky this time around. I discovered that if I put some ink lines on another sheet of board and then wet them, I had a light watercolor to add quickly to the real painting. I wet the sky area pretty well with clear water and then loaded up the brush from the prewatered lines. I quickly dabbed the wide brush into the sky area and moved it around. Prewetting the sky with plenty of water seemed to let the ink wash act more like watercolor and not just stain the board wherever I touched it. I’m pleased with the effect. Some of the pinks appear along with the blues, giving the sky some texture.
I’m not happy with the green foliage between the buildings so I’m just letting it sit a couple of days before I make any adjustments. Maybe I’ll add some yellows to it.