I worked all last week getting out the bookmark order. Seven sets of 4 was quite a bit of work. I had to pull the prints, color them with extra watercolors, cut them into 4 pieces and laminate them. Then I had to cut the laminated sheets apart into individual pieces and trim the corners round so that they weren’t so sharp. I was pretty glad to get the 32 done. Everything went out today, so she will get them soon. I think she’ll like them.
All caught up, I went back and brushed on the water to the latest German street drawing. I’m pretty satisfied with it so far. The water added the depth I wanted and I got bold enough to lay out some fluid ink for street. That was tricky because once you brush it on, it tends to stay there, almost like it stains the board. Very little room for adjustment although you could dilute it more and spread some of the blue. To do it, I put some lines of ink on another piece of board and added water. I loaded up a larger brush and laid it down on the picture. Interestingly enough, when I pulled off the fluid ink, what was left behind was pink. Something else to play with. Definitely, I will have to practice more.
I’m still thinking about how to do the sky. I am afraid just plain watercolors there will not fit in with the mood created. Maybe I will practice on some blank board on how that goes because I think it would improve the drawing.
Tomorrow I will add the watercolors. The timbers are a nice red and I think I will keep that.