I was inspired by finding of all of those pawpaws last week so I decide to try and paint a grouping of them. I had a nice photo of a triad and used it. The pawpaws turn a yellowy green with black/brown spots when ripe and the leaves start to turn yellow. I think I overdid the shadows on the lowest pawpaw. When in multiples, they seem to grow out on a single plane, rather than hang down and I don’t know if I made that clear enough. However, I am pleased overall and I think I’ll list it in my etsy shop. If I had more confidence in my lettering skills, I would label it as a botanical print.
We went out last evening to walk the path to check out some of the ones I found and ended up picking eight. We could probably have picked more, but we ran out of hands. LOL Plus it was getting too dark to really see them easily. It’s kind of like picking mushrooms. Finding the first one sometimes seems to take a while, but after that, it’s a lot easier. We picked the mother lode group and sure enough, the biggest one was 5.5″. The rest were all 4+”, so it was quite a haul. There are plenty left.
I hope to finalize a pet portrait and home portrait commission this week so the rest of September and early October should be busy.