I worked over the course of three sessions to lay down the watercolors on this one. First day puts down the basics, but not too much. The next session, I put down the majority of the color and stopped before overdoing it. The last session was short, adding depth and shading. I added a bit more ink to the flowers and a few spots of brickwork that I forgot. I like the change to the slate shingles. The flat orangey asphalt ones didn’t do much for me and the slate gives the house a more stately look. I’ll let it sit for a few days but I think it is about done.
I need to have a few more complete watercolor home portraits to add a listing to my etsy shop in addition to the pastels portraits. So next up, I think I will redo my own house with the watercolors. I never liked the way it turned out when I did it with the pastels, so maybe I will with the watercolors. It’s not quite so grand as this one, but we like it.