After I made the red dogwood linocut, I decided to look through my older blocks and see what might look good in red too. Most obvious was my Chinese dragon, since they can commonly be seen in red. I think he looks pretty feistyand dramatic this way
Then, as I continued to rifle through the linocut blocks, I found one of the early ones I made. It hadn’t turn out the way I wanted, but since I have been doing them for a while now, I decided to modify it. I actually removed t most of the background and made it more of a companion print to the previous dogwood one. I wish I could change the blossoms a bit, but it’s not bad this way and I salvaged an old block into something more useful.