I decided another linocut was in order for this week. I recently sold one of the colored dragonfly prints in my etsy store and much to my surprise, I didn’t have another black and white to paint on. I pondered a few days deciding what to do when my eyes fell on the disaster of the coasters and saw the one with the yellow daisy flowers. Hmmmm. I need to feel some possible end to these days of snow and cold and this just might do. After a quick sketch, this is what I came up with.
Tomorrow will be a print day for the flowers and the replacement dragonfly. Friday will be the coloring day after I am sure the ink is totally dry. I think I will make it a yellow flower, just like the watercolor for a breath of spring air – even though I know it is a summer bloom.