I worked some on the background of the primitive horse this week. It just was floating too much so I added a complementary lilac to the background. It still didn’t seem quite enough. I decided to add more of the mossy green I had originally placed around the base. Then more and more. When it finally felt like I was on the verge of overdoing it I stopped. I think I like it better now.
I thought I’d add an update on the puppies today, too. We have seen them several more times in the last few days – once for almost an hour as they wandered about the back yard, hunting and playing.
It turns out that there are actually 5 of them. Once when they were out and wandered farther away from the woods, a doe ran top speed across the lawn past them. Soon afterwards mom and dad came out from just where we thought they might be watching and moved them back closer to the woods. That’s when we saw the fifth one. It must not be quite so bold as the others. I was glad to see the parents. As we suspected, the pups are not unsupervised and the parents are keeping a close watch from just inside the woods where we can’t see them.