I let the backyard bridge watercolor sit for a day and it became apparent to me that it needed something else. While I was pleased with the inking, the colors were too similar in value and the inking got lost.
I decided to add depth to the foliage with greens and browns and I defined the branches more strongly. I added shadows under the bridge and by the pond stones as well as in the background shrubs. The flowers are a bit redder. I am hesitant to add too much more definition at this stage because it is so easy to overdue the adjustments. You can compare the changes I made by looking at the last post.
I think I’ll try one more and throw caution to the winds in terms of adding more defining colors.