Even though we had some pretty nice weather in the 40’s and 50’s this week and I wanted to be outside, I did manage to spend some time inking in the architectural. The upper right will be light colored stucco and the timber work should be brown. The brick is a variation of reds and I think the door will be a golden brown – or maybe darker to match the timbers. I’ll probably change some of the color choices as I do it. That’s always the way it is, especially when it is not a commission and I can do what I want to. Not much of the shingle work is shown here, but that’s okay. I decided to keep the tree in the foreground to add a bit of depth and intimacy, but I trimmed it back because the photo had way too much and it hid the second story.
The stuccoed area above the bay window is a bump out and that will be more clear after the color is put in. This entry has a nice amount of limestone surrounding the doorway. I especially liked the five carved panels up top.
I saw the heron again yesterday morning down at the lake. He looked to be trying to fish but I don’t think he is going to be able to find anything for much longer as the water is going to freeze over soon. We are expecting temperatures in the single digits this week. Yuck. It will be a good time to hole up in the house and stay warm.
And I have been researching another project lately. I’ve been looking into making some tile coaster sets with my artwork. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t seem too complicated and yesterday I managed to crop some of the animal pieces (the cheetah, polar bear, pelican, and shore bird watercolors) and put them on one sheet of paper to print off – a real computer accomplishment for me. You can see them at my Etsy store under the animals section if you want to. A set of four using one of each would be nice, I think.
I may also use some of the still life paintings if this works out. I am a little limited in my choices because I have to be able to crop them to a square for the tile. I plan to make up one set and pass them around to use for a few months to test their durability before I actually try to sell them.