You know, sometimes when I put something in a safe place, the only thing it is safe from is me. I had been looking at my reference photos for my next project and found one with some bamboo in it. I though that it might make a nice linocut, but when I looked for my last linoleum block, it was nowhere to be found. Sigh. Off to order some more.
I had bought a small bouquet of daisy-like flowers at the grocery store for $5.00 and decided to base a quick painting on them. I made it in the proper ratio for the print company, but just a little bit smaller than the recent architecturals. I penciled it up quickly yesterday and without too much thought, inked it up today. I changed the placement of a few lines and increased the number of leaves, but it basically is the same as I drew it. I have found that usually my first instincts for a drawing are the best, provided that I make no major error. I have a tendency to over think these things, especially with something that has an abstract quality to it like this.
With any luck even with the holiday, I will have it finished over the weekend and ready to post. I am taking inspiration from the little black-eyed Susan painting I did earlier in the year. I would have submitted that one but alas it was too small for their specs. I hope this one turns out as well.