Well, when it comes to the block printing, I have a ways to go. I feel all thumbs just yet and still have to get better judging the amount of ink to roll on. Add to it the fact that I DON’T like to get my hands dirty, and there are still some technical difficulties.
I printed both of the linocuts and I think I am pretty happy with them. I decided to make several copies at the same time and take the ones that weren’t quite as crisp and add a bit of watercolor to punch them up. I made it minimal to start but I decided I liked it that way. They look a little folk artsy to me so I didn’t want to get too detailed.
Thus far I have used both the mounted and unmounted blocks and have decided that while the unmounted blocks are a little bit easier to cut on, the mounted blocks are easier to print from. Since the difference is not that great and I need all of the help I can get printing, I probably will replenish my stock with the mounted type.
I already have the next one decided so keep tuned. Once again the inspiration was just a knick knack from around the house.