Well, the holiday weekend is over, all of the company has returned home after a wonderful visit, and the cleanup has finally been accomplished. I managed to get into the studio for a few hours today and start the coloring. I had finished the inking last week but with holiday preparations and then company, I couldn’t get back to the studio.
This is what I did this afternoon. The colors are a little on the dull side as I haven’t sprayed it at all yet and I haven’t cleaned up the edges, especially around the exterior timber work. It looks a little on the on the messy side since I have only used the kneaded eraser alone and not with the metal guide. I plan to darken up the timber work with a few more layers and perhaps just a bit more subtle coloring to the brick work. And I think I’ll make the shingles slate again. Ahh, the privileges of artistic license when there is no client involved. I do think I may need to add some dark on the right to balance out the windows on the left, but I haven’t quite decided how to yet. Perhaps when I add more color to the foliage it will work itself out. I’ll use the colored pencils after I spray with workable fixative to delineate the shadows. All in all, I should be able to finish by the weekend and then I’ll have to figure out what to do next. sometimes that is harder than the actual artwork.